Bookmark/Add This

Bookmark and Share

Friday


Affirmations




Affirmations

Do affirmations work?

An affirmation is a statement of an attribute or state of mind you want to possess. You state it as if true now.

But, I don't think it works when it comes to skills. But, I think it can work in terms of creating "states of mind" (such as confidence, energy, calmness, etc.).

I do NOT think that if you say "I am a good writer" it will make you a better writer. I think you could become delusional, actually THINKING you are good when you aren't! It's better to be in touch with reality.

Nor, do I believe that vague statements such as "I am attracting money to me" will make you richer.

Sure, they say so in books. That's because it seems a lot easier way to get rich than actually put forth effort!

Focus on SPECIFICS.

I have read many personal development books that mentioned "affirmations". The vast majority of the affirmations I believe are of no value.

Off the top, I would say just stick to the affirmations related to creating the following states of mind:

- Energy/enthusiasm/motivated. This is probably the most important one for the pursuit of success in business, etc. Things like smarts, luck you can't increase with affirmations.

- Calmness/relaxed

- Confidence (but not arrogant and delusional!)

- Dwelling on positives and not rehasing negatives.

- Breaking habits and instilling new ones.

- Self control.

- Sleeping well.

- Enjoyment. Tricking yourself into believing you enjoy working long hours and given tasks.

I will provide tips on the use of affirmations shortly. Be sure to bookmark us!

Visit http://MindGoodies.com for more tips.

No comments: